22 May 2015

+++ SS Wiking & few more british +++

I ´ve recieved some new stuff for Bolt Action this week. That includes a brand new box of German Grenadiers who´ll become my second army for Bolt Action - 5th SS Panzer Division Wiking.

But first things first, Daimler Dingo. Nice piece of resin but without interior details and without Bren gun option what is bit meh as I like WYSIWYG.
But otherwise it´s fair model and after I´ll recieve stowage and tarps pack, it´ll be more colourful.
Also I have to find something for antenna. Some kind of wire? Dunno right now.




And then... Not so long ago I was wandering the internet and found this picture. Well, it captured my imagination and so I knew what have to be done. 


I´ll play it as a Jeep. There´s only one problem though, I have to find some MMG brits used (thinking about .30cal from M4 halftrack set) because I´m not a big fan of HMG. Although I´ll give it try. 




Well, this was the time I cursed Warlord Games for their static plastic poses, hands and arms. Thinking about tons of possibilities one can manage with GW models.. But whatever, after few evenings and brainstorming, I think those gestures of "WTF is this shit Sipkins?!" came out quite nice. Also the metal one at the back seat is holding binoculars in hand and got a map case on the other seat. Details details...


Also Peter sold me his Commandos and two Carriers, so now I´ve got enough infantry for brits (well, I can buy maybe few more pieces like flamethrower and so on..). So I´ll upgrade the paint for the Commandos and than I´ll have around 60 dangerous Tommy´s. 


Also I´m thinking about converting one of the old and bigger Universal Carrier to Wasp Flamethrower he he he

And now for the nazis : ) I really, really love those models and looking forward to paint them. They are splendid and full of character and, what is IMHO the best of all, their guns are mostly glued to the arms and are sturdier than british ones (still have three broken BRENs somewhere..)



Thanks and so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment